I received a huge box of cupcake recipes from my friend Stacie so my daughters decided we should start trying one cupcake recipe per week.. I laughed when I saw this recipe but decided to give it a go.
We took a normal size muffin tin and the tiny size muffin tin and made enough there was a small cup cake to match up with a large cupcake.
- 2 jars (10 oz each) maraschino cherries (well drained and patted dry)
- 1 package (approx 18 oz) strawberry cake mix, plus the ingredients to prepare the mix.
- 1 container (16 oz) cream cheese frosting
- Red food coloring
- package of small gum drops, flattened to ⅛ inch thickness and cut into triangles
- Enough white icing set aside for under the eyes
- M&M's for the eyes
- Mini chocolate chips for the nostrils
- and some red sprinkling sugar
- - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees line 24 standard muffin cups with paper baking cups. Spray 24 mini cups with non stick cooking spray or line with mini baking cups.
- - Place cherries in food processor (I used my magic bullet) and process for 4 to 5 seconds until finely chopped. Prepare cake mix according to the package directions. Stir in cherries. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup, filling half to ¾ full. Spoon remaining batter into the mini muffin cups.
- - Bake standard cupcakes 14 to 18 minutes and mini cupcakes 7 to 9 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely.
- - Add red food coloring to the frosting in a small bowl (or you can purchase strawberry cream cheese frosting for the pink color)
- Frost standard cupcakes. Place mini cupcakes upside down, off center of each standard cupcake and frost. I found the nose was very large so I cut my mini cupcakes in half. Decorate with gumdrops for ears, Use white icing and M&M's for eyes, and decorate nose with chocolate chips and red sprinkling sugar
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.