Over the next few weeks I will be highlighting some awesome cupcake recipes from The Big Book of Cupcakes.
I have decided cupcakes are my favorite. They are small enough portions for the little people in our lives but have enough “cake” to satisfy even an adult.
I received this “Big Book of Cupcakes” recipe book (presented by Southern Living) and my kids poured over the pages deciding which cupcake recipe we would try first. I was just as excited to find big inspiration in these pint-size confections.
In the Big Book of Cupcakes you will find the pages loaded with cupcakes for every season and occasion that are Easy to make using creative ideas for decorating! These brilliantly flavored cupcake recipes are created by Jan Moon of Dreamcakes Bakery and each one tastes as terrific as they look!
We chose to try the cookies and cream cupcake recipe first. Cookies and Cream cupcakes are irresistible with their creamy vanilla frosting that is jam packed with crushed oreo cookies. A tall glass of milk is all you need to complete this luscious treat!
The recipe was simple enough that my 10 year old daughter jumped in and made most of it! 150 wonderful recipes that everyone in your family will enjoy!
You can find the Big Book of Cupcakes on Amazon, Barns and Noble, Target, ecookbooks.com and borders.
- 1 - chocolate cake (I used the box kind)
- 10 cream filled miniature chocolate sandwich cookies (coursely crushed) put into the cake batter.
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 1 pkg (16 oz) powdered sugar
- ⅓ c. whipping cream
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 15 cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies finely crushed
- Beat the butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. (makes 4 cups)
- Prepare Chocolate cake as directed pour into standard size cupcake tins and bake per directions.
- Once cooled fill each cupcake with cookies and cream Frosting. To do this insert a wooden spoon or dowel into the center of each cupcake to make a hole. Fill a zip top plastic freezer bag with filling or frosting. Use sissors or kitchen shears to snip about ¼ inch from one corner of bag; insert bag into hole in the cupcake. Squeeze gently until filling comes to the top of each cupcake. If you want to fill and frost 1 recipe of cupcakes with the same frosting, you will need about 6 cups of frosting total.
- Frost each cupcake using metal tip no. 12. Or you can use the same method above with the freezer plastic bag. Top each with one 1 sandwich cookie or, if desired left over crushed cookie pieces.
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.