Look at what I have been taking to 4th of July parties! With the help of The Big Book of Cupcakes I have had fun creating great additions to any celebration spread!
I also found some darling printables online from paper and pigtails that I printed out, cut out and added some scalloped 3″ punches to the back of. Glued on a sucker stick to each one and inserted them into the center of my cupcake! Now I am no professional in cupcake making by any means but I love what you can do with them! Cupcakes are perfect portion sizes for children but large enough to fill me up! You can also be soo creative with cupcake toppers for any occasion
- 1 recipe white cake (I used a white box cake from the store)
- 1½ c. strawberry or blueberry jam
- 1 recipe vanilla frosting (use a homemade frosting store bought is too runny to swirl)
- Red and blue food coloring gel
- Toppings: sprinkles, edible glitter, (printables optional)
- Prepare white cake as directed on the box for cupcakes (should make 24)
- Fill each cupcake with strawberry or blueberry jam to do this just insert the end of a wooden spoon or dowel into the center of each cupcake to make a hole. Fill a zip-top plastic freezer bag with jam and using sissors or kitchen shears snip about ¼ inch from one corner of bag (do the same with frosting for top of cupcake) then squeeze into hole in cupcake until full.
- Divide your frosting into 3 bowls coloring one bowl with blue food coloring and one bowl with the desired amount of red coloring.
- Insert metal tip #2D into a large decorating bag spoon in ¼ cup of each of red, white and blue frosting into bag. Pipe a generous peak of frosting onto each cupcake. Top with sprinkles glitter etc. etc. and serve!
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.