I was given the most amazing cook book! As a full time working mom of 4 kids I am always looking for fast, simple easy recipes for dinner. I have also been trying to cut back my calorie intake to lose some much needed weight. Robin takes 5 is a cookbook filled with 500 recipes, 500 calories or less, using only 5 ingredients!! This cookbook has literally been a lifesaver!
I am here to share just one recipe that has become my families FAVORITE. My kids keep asking me to make this for dinner (click on the easy recipe for a printable version
I added mushrooms to mine just because I could 🙂 I also love mushrooms!
I love that you can play around with this recipe if you would like. You could add any vegetable that you would like without adding many calories. Or you can do what I did one time and add another pizza crust to the top before baking. (but I’m sure this goes over the 500 calorie mark) 😉
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen bread or pizza dough thawed according to package directions
- ½ cup prepared Barbeque sauce
- 2 cups of shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup of provolone chees
- ½ cup chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out into a large circle or rectangle about ¼ inch thick. Transfer the dough to a pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread the barbeque sauce all over the crust, to within ½ inch from the edges. Top with the chicken, cheese, and scallions. Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.