From the moment I saw this sign on Heart to Heart Signs I fell in love and knew that I needed to make one for myself. If you are not handy but are dying to get your hand’s on this cute sign you can buy it from Heart to Heart Signs on Etsy. She has a huge assortment of darling signs to choose from. I love how creative people are and what an inspiration they are to me! The blogger world is amazing that we can draw inspiration from one another.
Here is what I did to make my own pumpkin patch sign. (P.S. the photo’s aren’t the best and don’t do this sign justice!)
1. Cut a 12″ by 12″ board out of plywood or a thin board
2. Paint your 12″ by 12″ board black, let your board dry and sand the edges
3. Using my personal cutting machine I designed the wording and cut white and orange vinyl. (I picked a font as similar to her’s as I could find since I didn’t know what font she used).
4. Apply vinyl wording to your 12″ by 12″ black board
5. Measure and cut 4 tack strip boards to create a frame
6. Stain tack strip boards
7. Using a nail gun nail tack strip boards to your 12″ by 12″ board
Always allow enough drying time between coats of paint or stain before applying your vinyl lettering.
It is still pretty warm out and I am waiting for the weather to cool down a little before decorating for fall. Ultimately I am getting the decorating bug for sure! I know it is right around the corner and I am excited to add this to my Fall home decor! when do you usually decorate for Fall or Halloween? What fun ideas do you have to share?
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.