This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #GoldfishGameTime
With the weather warming up and a hint of spring in the air, I having been thinking about many fun outdoor activities we enjoy during the spring season. Usually we are headed to baseball practice or the park after school. I often keep a tote or bag in the car that I fill with snacks, drinks, and games or activities for our many outings. During my last Walmart shopping trip I came across an end cap on the cracker and cookie aisle that has Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® crackers in the 30 oz. Carton. I also noticed that they are on an exclusive rollback for $6.46 at Walmart in store only. Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® crackers 30 oz. Carton is a perfect snack addition for filling up my car tote.
You can shop for these at Walmart by clicking on the photo below!
After I was home and unloading my groceries I added the Goldfish® crackers into my snack tote along with a few water bottles. As a mom it doesn’t matter where you are, there is always one child that will say “I’m bored” or “I’m hungry”. Thinking about what kind of games or activity I could add to my car tote for the child who needs something to do.
As I thought about games that are easy to play and travel well, the game Mancala came to my mind. It is a fairly easy game for all ages to play and the Goldfish crackers can be used as game pieces. The 30 oz. Carton of Goldfish crackers is the perfect size for playing the game and snacking on at the same time.
Originally I thought of placing my Mancala game board in my travel tote, Instead I decided to create a free printable version to share with my readers. If something happens to the cardstock print while we are out and about it’s no big deal!
To create your own Travel Mancala Game your will need:
Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® crackers Cheddar 30 oz. Carton (or desired flavor)
Print the Goldfish crackers Mancala Game board onto a piece of cardstock.
Place the Travel Mancala Game board and Goldfish crackers Colors 30 oz. Carton into travel tote or bag along with desired drinks!
While at practices, games, or the park enjoy a game of Mancala and a snack!
Here is how to play Mancala:
The object of the game is to capture more Goldfish crackers than your opponent.
How to Play
- The Mancala board is made up of two rows of six holes, or pits, each.
- Four pieces of Goldfish crackers are placed in each of the 12 holes. The color of the Goldfish crackers is irrelevant.
- Each player has a store (called a Mancala) to the right side of the Mancala board.
- The game begins with one player picking up all of the Goldfish crackers in any one of the holes on his side.
- Moving counterclockwise, the player deposits one of the Goldfish crackers in each hole until the Goldfish crackers run out.
- If you run into your own store, deposit one Goldfish cracker in it. If you run into your opponent’s store, skip it.
- If the last Goldfish cracker you drop is in your own store, you get a free turn.
- If the last Goldfish cracker you drop is in an empty hole on your side. Capture that piece and any pieces in the hole directly opposite.
- Always place all captured Goldfish crackers in your store.
- The game ends when all six spaces on one side of the Mancala board are empty.
- The player who still has Goldfish crackers on his side of the board when the game ends capture all of those Goldfish crackers.
- Count all the Goldfish crackers in each store. The winner is the player with the most Goldfish crackers.
Where will you take the Travel Mancala Game with Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® crackers? Need more game inspiration? Click here to see more Goldfish cracker games!
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.